Globaltech, Inc. is seeking a motivated Structural Engineer to join our team. This Structural Engineer will join a multidiscipline group of dedicated design-build professionals to round out our engineering service capabilities in the municipal water and wastewater facilities market.
- Design of structures for municipal water and wastewater facilities (i.e. concrete slabs, piles, tanks, equipment pedestals, pipe supports, buildings)
- Review project specifications, manufacturer submittals, local standards and codes
- Design according to local rules, regulations (Florida Building Code) and guidelines.
- Prepare drawings for building department permits and construction.
- Analyze structure and recommend modifications to adapt treatment equipment and harden building for hurricanes.
- Analyze and prepare structural calculation and details of structural elements.
- Guide designers to prepare structural drawings.
- Coordinate requirements with other disciplines.
- Work with Project Managers and other team members.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering,
- P.E. Certification Required, Passing of Structural PE Exam Preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience in municipal water and wastewater facilities, or related industrial field preferred.
- Knowledge of Florida Building Codes and standards (Required)
- Experience with hydraulic water holding basin/structure design a plus
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check and obtain clearance to work at government facilities
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Able to pass a Motor Vehicle Records search
- Able to pass a pre-hire drug test
- Municipal Water and Wastewater: 4 years (Required)
- P.E. (Required)