We are pleased to announce the completion of our lift station rehabilitation project in Coral Springs, Florida. Coral Springs Improvement District’s lift stations 13 and 17 have been operating for approximately 40 years and were in need of rehabilitation. Under our continuing design build contract, Globaltech designed, permitted, and installed a series of upgrades for both lift station sites.
Corrosion Resistance, Reduced Maintenance & Repairs
All of the newly installed lift station materials are corrosion resistant, resulting in a longer life expectancy. Additionally, the new upgrades will reduce maintenance costs and timely, routine repairs.
Lift Station Improvements
Rehabilitation efforts at each of the lift stations included replacement and installation of the following:
- 6-inch resilient seat gate valve.
- Wetwell cover and aluminum access hatch.
- Valve vault cover and aluminum access cover.
- Five Xylem pump baseplates and base elbows.
- Stainless-steel guiderails and cable hanger.
- Epoxytec wetwell coating.
- Stainless steel discharge piping inside wetwell.
- Seven resilient wedge gate valves, five ball check valves and pump bypass connection.
Coordination of the bypass pumping and continuous monitoring was done to ensure operations ran smoothly during construction.
Upon completion of the lift station rehabilitation, Globaltech provided site restoration and new concrete slabs.