The Fort Pierce Utilities Authority (FPUA) maintains multiple raw water supply wellfields located throughout its service area and operates a combination of both surficial and Floridan aquifer wells connected by a network of raw water mains. In a continuing effort to improve the reliability and quantity of raw water supply to its water treatment facility, FPUA in 2005 began a series of well improvement and replacement projects.
Through the course of several consecutive design-build contracts, Globaltech has provided a full suite of services to FPUA as the Prime Design-Build contractor for wellfield improvements.
Project Achievements / Benefits
- Hydrogeological evaluation of existing wells for improvement strategies
- Site study and design for new replacement wells
- Raw water system network modeling for proper pump selection and design
- Complete wellhead design and construction
- Aquifer performance testing (APT) for well location and capacity analysis
- Installation of new wells including drilling services and well testing
- Power, SCADA, and control panel replacements and new construction
- Full permitting services involving:
- Building Department
- FDEP (including sanitary survey)
- Pump/column pipe installation and startup/testing services
- Well abandonment and plugging